We issue this Privacy Notice in the interests of transparency over how we use (“process”) the personal data that we collect from job applicants (“you”). Personal data for these purposes means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
Nomad HR and Recruitment Limited is a “data controller.”
For data protection purposes the data controller means the person or organisation who determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are processed.
The data controller is Nomad HR and Recruitment with an office at Screatons Accountants, Ratcliffe Road, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 1LF.
This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used for recruitment purposes and how long it will usually be retained for.
It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 20161679) (GDPR).
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is
incompatible with those purposes
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
• Accurate and kept up to date
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
• Kept securely
In connection with your application for work, we will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
• The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter
• Online profile results from Thomas International
Any information you provide to us during an interview.
How is your personal information collected?
We only collect personal information about candidates from you, the candidate.
This is supported by our legitimate interest as we source candidates for open job roles at clients, so that clients find people with the skills required to support their business. When you have given your consent, we will share your details with clients who have open vacancies matched to your skills.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to source, screen and select candidates who are the best matches for open vacancies. These include:
• Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for the role you applied for or similar roles that we think may be of interest to you
• Keep records related to our hiring processes
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
• Forward your application (with your consent) to the client for consideration for employment purposes.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested and in a timely manner, which is necessary for us to consider your application, we will not be able to process your application successfully.
Information about criminal convictions
We do not envisage that we will process information about criminal convictions.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application:
• The clients (“company” or “employer”) who have open vacancies that you are a suitable match for and where you have given your consent for this to happen.
• Online behaviour / personality tests with Thomas International who are the sub-contractor.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 3 years after we have communicated to you regarding the position you applied for. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
3. Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
4. Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
5. Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
6. Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact email@example.com
Right to withdraw consent
When you agreed to be put forward for an open opportunity with a client, you provided consent for your personal data to be forwarded to the client. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
Where you take the view that your personal data are processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR, you have a specific right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will then inform you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. The supervisory authority in the UK is the ICO.