Sutton in Ashfield
Up to £28k
Working with the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for working with the Quality Team, Engineering and Production with the focus on calibration and inspection.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
· Calibration –Managing the internal calibration equipment and process
· Auditing –conduct internal and external auditing to ensure compliance to AS9100 and the quality management system
· Quality Assurance Documentation - (FAIR, Quality Plans, Inspection Test Plans etc)
· Contract Review – Pre-manufacturing activities to release to production and monitor progress
· Project Management - Identify, monitor, manage and mitigate risk on specific customer requirements.
The Quality Engineer will have:
· Minimum HNC Mechanical/ Manufacturing or Production Engineering qualification
· Quality Auditor Training (> 2 years’ experience)
· Min. 2 years’ Experience of Aerospace manufacturing including machining processes
· Ability to read and interpret technical Engineering Drawings (GD&T)and specifications
· Working knowledge of Root Cause(s) Analysis techniques to implement effective monitoring / metrics to support corrective actions
· Working knowledge of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and FAI asper AS9102
This role would suit an individual with a proven track record of working within a production Quality Control / Inspection department and Quality Assurance.
Working hours are 7.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am – 12.30pm on a Friday.
What you will receive in return:
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· 5% pension contribution
· Company closes early on a Friday at 12.30pm
· Company funded study and personal development programmes
· Long service awards
· Employee referral bonus
Our client prides themselves on being a dynamic company based on the skills and knowledge of an exceptional workforce. They operate from a modern purpose built facility located in the East Midlands and utilise one of the best manufacturing systems available to manufacture machined and fabricated detail parts through to finished assemblies for the aerospace industry.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below