£30 per hour for 6 months duration
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading and developing new or improved products and processes in order to enable efficient and robust manufacture of products within an aerospace manufacturing environment.
This is a contract position through a Business Improvement Consultancy.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
· Ensuring that manufactured products, processes and equipment are utilised to meet the design requirements (finish, quality standard, tolerances,etc.)
· Creation of B.O.Ms, Manufacturing Specifications, Routes, Build Methods, New Equipment and Manufacturing Techniques which are accurate and complete
· Training of workforce in order to transfer technical know-how into the production environment
· Providing technical support to production departments through problem solving, corrective actions and Continuous Improvement activities
The Manufacturing Engineer will have:
· An Engineering graduate or time-served engineer with significant proven experience in a wide variety of manufacturing methods;
· ‘Hands-on’ experience in a manufacturing environment will be a distinct advantage
· Experience in the practical application of analytical tools such as the7 basic tools of Quality, DMAIC, PDCA in order to establish root-cause and implement robust solutions
· Proven experience in activities necessary to undertake Change Management
· Ability to understand and interpret product specifications and drawings is essential in order to translate these documents into robust build methods/manufacturing techniques
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below