Health and Safety Officer
The Health and Safety Officer will take responsibility for H&S activities across the business, including the management of business wide H&S systems, liaising with external bodies and proactively improving preventative H&S across the business.
The Health and Safety Officer will:
· Take ownership of, the business wide H&S systems
· Collect and present H&S data to senior management
· Maintain full, accurate and retrievable records of H&S related data
· Effectively plan H&S improvements
· Organise fire drills at all sites
· Support site H&S committees and continuous improvement
· Adhere to all relevant legal requirements and ensure that the company remains compliant
· Support the side audit process and provide independent confirmation of corrective actions
· Maintain the business wide risk assessment system and support sites when aid is required
· Liaise with customers and suppliers on H&S issues
· Proactively drive preventative H&S improvements
· In conjunction with the QSHE manager, proactively drive the improvement of the QSHE team and its processes
This role will suit a NEBOSH qualified individual (or equivalent experience) with good systems administration skills and a full UK/EU driving licence. You will need to be self- motivated with the drive to execute H&S initiatives.
What you will receive in return:
· Great starting salary
· 30 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days for loyalty service
· A generous yearly bonus paid every January, to all staff
· Company Sick Pay scheme
· Company pension contributions of 5% of salary
· Mental Health and Wellbeing support and programmes
· Employee recognition initiatives
· Training and Development opportunities
· Annual Family Fun Days, fully paid for by the business
· Great supportive environment at a company that is growing significantly and is highly profitable
My client are one of the largest providers of workwear solutions and cleanroom consumables within the UK into pharmaceutical, medical, aerospace engineering, automotive and manufacturing industries.
Their passion is to be the first to develop new technological solutions that change the shape of the markets they serve creating quality and efficiency for their customers.
The company also manufactures and distributes an extensive range of cleanroom consumable products worldwide. The company has an ambitious and clear growth vision and is currently building its first factory outside of the UK in India.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below.