Graduate Product Designer
£26-28k plus relocation costs and an attractive benefits package
This is a brand new position for a Product Designer to take responsibility for the effective delivery of Research and Development projects.
The Product Designer will lead and manage innovative approaches to processes and services, focusing on design of projects and providing design expertise to colleagues.
The Product Designer will:
· Undertake and manage change projects across the business
· Assemble and lead cross functional Projects teams
· Take responsibility for developing the Project plan, project scope and business cases
· Stimulate an environment for innovation and entrepreneurship
· Monitor the outcome of a project and carryout lessons learned
· Attend regular customer visits, assessing customer processes, and where possible identifying problems/issues, in order to provide appropriate solutions, in the form of new ideas, or changes to existing products/services
· Maintain up to date records of Technical specifications, Process Overviews, Validation protocols and procedures and all relevant SDS’s
· Undertake routine and non-routine testing associated with process or product validation, investigations and other research and development activities
The ideal Product Designer will have:
· Experience or qualification in a product design field
· CAD experience
· Project management and ownership skills
· Full UK/EU Driving Licence
This role would suit a Product Design Graduate who would enjoy creating products from trigger sprays to goggles for the PPE market. The client currently uses Fusion software but happy to consider other options.
There is a possibility to work from home 3 days per week.
What you will receive in return:
· Great starting salary
· Financial assistance with relocation costs up to £2000
· 30 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days for loyalty service
· A generous yearly bonus paid every January, to all staff
· Company Sick Pay scheme
· Company pension contributions of 5% of salary
· Mental Health and Wellbeing support and programmes
· Employee recognition initiatives
· Training and Development opportunities
· Annual Family Fun Days, fully paid for by the business
· Great supportive environment at a company that is growing significantly and is highly profitable
My client are one of the largest providers of workwear solutions and cleanroom consumables within the UK into pharmaceutical, medical, aerospace engineering, automotive and manufacturing industries.
Their passion is to be the first to develop new technological solutions that change the shape of the markets they serve creating quality and efficiency for their customers.
The company also manufactures and distributes an extensive range of cleanroom consumable products worldwide. The company has an ambitious and clear growth vision and is currently building its first factory outside of the UK in India.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below.