Engineering Manager, Skegness, £45-55k plus benefits
Based in Skegness
£45 – 55k plus benefits
My client is a Lincolnshire based, family owned business with a history spanning over 100 years. They are a leading supplier of critical garment services within the UK.
A market leader in the provision of specialised clean garments to the food processing and manufacturing industries, the company also offers consumables and PPE services, as well as being a large supplier to the pharmaceuticals industry.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s equipment, infrastructure and buildings are maintained to the required company standard. It may be necessary to locate and purchase new or modify existing equipment to meet the company’s operational demands.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
• All Engineering activities across all three plants, through site based Engineers and Engineering Co-ordinator
• Driving ownership within each plant for Health & Safety, Quality and real root cause problem solving
• Monitoring operational equipment downtime & associated repair costs
• Championing the use of proactive / preventative maintenance to prolong equipment life and reduce reactive maintenance works
• Ensuring the necessary external service contracts are in place to ensure compliance with recognised standards and legal requirements
• Co-ordinating the Capital Expenditure plans for the company through a three year rolling CAPEX plan
• Visit equipment suppliers and exhibitions to keep abreast of the latest technological improvements with regards to operational equipment
• Focussing on delivering exceptional people to support the wider CI & Lean initiatives
• Drive effective data driven problem solving for both internal issues and customer concerns utilising a structured approach (Toyota 8 step model or Ford 8D for example)
The ideal Engineering Manager will:
• A qualified multi-disciplined engineer with proven engineering management experience
• Have experience in a similar industry – ideally with steam
• Look at the whole business, not just their individual departmental status
• Have a logical and data driven approach
• Be PC literate including maintenance support software, CAD, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
• Ability to coach / train others on a structured approach to problem solving
• Resilience to see change through & make it the new way
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
What you will receive in return:
• Great starting salary and bonus
• Great supportive environment at a company that is growing significantly and is highly profitable
• Training and Development
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below.