It is the aim and ambition of Nomad HR and Recruitment to support in the development of, and find the potential in, vulnerable young people.
In order to fulfil this ambition, Nomad supports a number of grassroots charities that are aimed at enhancing the lives of young people.
Director of Nomad HR and Recruitment, Amy Foster, has a background as a Foster Carer, Sports Coach and Youth Worker working with the hardest to reach young people, so she has first-hand experience of how charities, such as the ones Nomad supports, can make a huge difference to the lives of vulnerable young people.
Positive Youth Foundation
Amy Foster is a Volunteer Board Member at Positive Youth Foundation which helps young people to find their potential and builds confidence through sport and creativity. It also helps young people with training and education needs so that they can build a positive future for themselves.
Key Services that the charity provides:
- Raising Aspirations Programme – to help with education and training
- Community Engagement Programmes
- Creative Development – through music and the arts
- Involvement – for newly arrived young people to help them integrate in their local community
- Health and Well Being Programmes
For more information http://www.positiveyouthfoundation.org/
Doorway in Nuneaton support vulnerable young people to get housing and emergency accommodation. Amy Foster supports this charity by donating monthly food supplies and provides new home packs, as often these young people start out with absolutely nothing. They are designed to bring dignity and independence for the person starting out in their new or temporary home.
Key Services that Doorway provides:
- Housing Advice Service – including help in claiming the relevant housing benefits and advice in renting
- Housing Related Support – including practical support to help young people find and retain safe accommodation and how to budget for bills
- Health and Well Being – including healthy cooking lessons and mental health support
CV Writing Service
Amy Foster also regularly undertakes the writing and improvement of CV’s for long-term unemployed people and other’s that need a helping hand. Many of which she meets in the course of her charity work and endeavours to provide them with a strong, practical start to job hunting.